- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
- The Emergence of Avery Bradley
Breaking News: Celtics Close to Signing Shaq!
- Updated: August 3, 2010
Today on SportsNation, viewers were asked if they thought the addition of Shaquille O’Neal would help or hurt the Celtics and a resounding 72% of the 6,004 polled believe that he would help.
SportsNation co-host Colin Cowherd agreed, “This is a move to beat the Lakers, similar to the addition of Jermaine O’Neal. They faced the Lakers last year and what they found out is that they’re not long enough and they’re not big enough”.
Update #2: Another tweet from A. Sherrod explains it just may be a two year deal with an option: @SherrodbCSN #Celtics deal with Shaq isn’t completed yet, but it should be for 2 years with a player option in the second year.
Update from Alex: TNT’s David Aldridge has confirmed A. Sherrod Blakely’s earlier tweet that Shaquille O’Neal is very close to signing with the Boston Celtics. Terms of the deal are not clear yet – but anything outside of the veteran minimum isn’t actually possible.
Keep in mind – you heard Shaq to Boston on minimum salary here first. As much as I’d love to say that information was from a source – it was an educated guess. Expect the other shoe to drop by September!
According to A. Sherrod Blakely’s Twitter, the Celtics are close to signing free agent center Shaquille O’Neal:
#Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O’Neal. Will have the story up shortly.
Great move by the Celtics. They are preparing themselves for a run next year and hopefully the year after. No details yet, but my guess is it may be a 2-year deal. Keep checking back for updates!