- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Breaking News: Celtics Close to Signing Shaq!
- Updated: August 3, 2010
Today on SportsNation, viewers were asked if they thought the addition of Shaquille O’Neal would help or hurt the Celtics and a resounding 72% of the 6,004 polled believe that he would help.
SportsNation co-host Colin Cowherd agreed, “This is a move to beat the Lakers, similar to the addition of Jermaine O’Neal. They faced the Lakers last year and what they found out is that they’re not long enough and they’re not big enough”.
Update #2: Another tweet from A. Sherrod explains it just may be a two year deal with an option: @SherrodbCSN #Celtics deal with Shaq isn’t completed yet, but it should be for 2 years with a player option in the second year.
Update from Alex: TNT’s David Aldridge has confirmed A. Sherrod Blakely’s earlier tweet that Shaquille O’Neal is very close to signing with the Boston Celtics. Terms of the deal are not clear yet – but anything outside of the veteran minimum isn’t actually possible.
Keep in mind – you heard Shaq to Boston on minimum salary here first. As much as I’d love to say that information was from a source – it was an educated guess. Expect the other shoe to drop by September!
According to A. Sherrod Blakely’s Twitter, the Celtics are close to signing free agent center Shaquille O’Neal:
#Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O’Neal. Will have the story up shortly.
Great move by the Celtics. They are preparing themselves for a run next year and hopefully the year after. No details yet, but my guess is it may be a 2-year deal. Keep checking back for updates!
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015