- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
The "Other O'Neal" Leaning Towards Boston
- Updated: July 7, 2010
With the Boston Celtics in desperate need of a big man or two to fill the void of Rasheed Wallace and Kendrick Perkins, a lot of the attention has gone to Shaquille O’Neal as a good option. According to Yahoo! Sports’ finest, Danny Ainge might think there’s another O’Neal that would be better suited for the team.
Jermaine O’Neal is leaning toward signing with Boston, but still considering Denver, league sources tell Y! Decision will come soon.
Earlier today, Jermaine O’Neal told ESPN.com that he was deciding between Boston, Dallas and Denver for this coming season. In the span of the day, the list has been weeded down to two with Boston in the lead. All signs point to him receiving a portion of the Mid-Level Exception.
I can’t say that I love this move, but I definitely don’t hate it. We certainly could do a whole lot worse than Jermaine O’Neal. I’ve been debating all day which O’Neal (Shaq or Jermaine) is a better fit for us, but who says we can’t get both? This will most likely be the first of many new faces to join the Celtics’ roster this off-season.