- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
- Smart, Thomas Lead Celtics to Victory Over Thunder
- Isaiah Thomas, Celtics Hold off Hawks 106-93
- Recap: Pacers 102, Celtics 91
- Recap: Celtics 99, Bucks 83
- Sullinger Leads Way as Celtics Trounce Wizards 118-98
The "Other O'Neal" Leaning Towards Boston
- Updated: July 7, 2010
With the Boston Celtics in desperate need of a big man or two to fill the void of Rasheed Wallace and Kendrick Perkins, a lot of the attention has gone to Shaquille O’Neal as a good option. According to Yahoo! Sports’ finest, Danny Ainge might think there’s another O’Neal that would be better suited for the team.
Jermaine O’Neal is leaning toward signing with Boston, but still considering Denver, league sources tell Y! Decision will come soon.
Earlier today, Jermaine O’Neal told ESPN.com that he was deciding between Boston, Dallas and Denver for this coming season. In the span of the day, the list has been weeded down to two with Boston in the lead. All signs point to him receiving a portion of the Mid-Level Exception.
I can’t say that I love this move, but I definitely don’t hate it. We certainly could do a whole lot worse than Jermaine O’Neal. I’ve been debating all day which O’Neal (Shaq or Jermaine) is a better fit for us, but who says we can’t get both? This will most likely be the first of many new faces to join the Celtics’ roster this off-season.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015