- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
The "Other O'Neal" Leaning Towards Boston
- Updated: July 7, 2010
With the Boston Celtics in desperate need of a big man or two to fill the void of Rasheed Wallace and Kendrick Perkins, a lot of the attention has gone to Shaquille O’Neal as a good option. According to Yahoo! Sports’ finest, Danny Ainge might think there’s another O’Neal that would be better suited for the team.
Jermaine O’Neal is leaning toward signing with Boston, but still considering Denver, league sources tell Y! Decision will come soon.
Earlier today, Jermaine O’Neal told ESPN.com that he was deciding between Boston, Dallas and Denver for this coming season. In the span of the day, the list has been weeded down to two with Boston in the lead. All signs point to him receiving a portion of the Mid-Level Exception.
I can’t say that I love this move, but I definitely don’t hate it. We certainly could do a whole lot worse than Jermaine O’Neal. I’ve been debating all day which O’Neal (Shaq or Jermaine) is a better fit for us, but who says we can’t get both? This will most likely be the first of many new faces to join the Celtics’ roster this off-season.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016