- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Replacing Marquis Daniels with Marquis Daniels
- Updated: July 21, 2010
Yesterday, Chris Forsberg at ESPN Boston opined that the Celtics best option for the Celtics might be to bringing back Marquis Daniels:
It seemed a clean break would do both sides well this offseason. But suddenly the Celtics need Daniels, and maybe Daniels needs to prove that last season didn’t reflect the type of player he can be.
With the departure of Tony Allen to Memphis, the Celtics have a monster void at the wing position and free agency has offered little in terms of serviceable replacements, particularly those who will come for the veteran minimum that Boston has to offer.
But then there’s Daniels. While he’s part of that unrestricted free agent group, the Celtics can offer him slightly more than most based on the non-Bird Rights they boast. Much like Nate Robinson, Boston can bring back Daniels at up to 120 percent of his 2009-10 salary, or roughly $2.4 million.
Boston essentially finds itself in a very similar situation to that with Robinson. The team’s first inclination was probably to examine the market and see if it could find an upgrade. But there’s something to be said for a known commodity.
We know Daniels can contribute when he’s healthy, but the guy has never been able to stay healthy. He has only one season under his belt where he played more than 62 game, but there are not a lot of options out there where injury is not a concern. I know Daniels wouldn’t be anyone’s first choice, but when you start hearing the names Larry Hughes and Ime Udoka being tossed around then Marquis Daniels is a lot more appealing.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016