- Celtics-Timberwolves Preview
- It’s Time for Celtics to Part Ways with Tayshaun Prince
- Can The Celtics Beat the Warriors?
- Forbes: Celtics Valued at $1.7 Billion
- What’s Ainge Going To Do With All These Draft Picks?
- Wait, what, Nate Robinson is back?
- Farewell Uncle Jeff
- Austin Rivers Joins the Celts
- Jeff Green a Goner?
- Brandan Wright Headed to Phoenix
Ray Allen Returns to Boston
- Updated: July 8, 2010
Ray Allen is going back to the Celtics, according to his agent Lon Babby
Allen and Celts have agreed on two-year deal worth $10 million annually that includes player option in Year 2. ESPN.com link coming
This is great and expected (in my mind) news for the Boston Celtics. If Doc Rivers had gone on a coaching hiatus, I truly believe that Ray Allen would have signed elsewhere (Miami). But with the best coach for this core of players, I think it was a no-brainer for Ray to return. He’s always said this is where he wanted to be, but he had to do his due diligence to make sure he was ready for any situation in the upcoming season.
With our starting five now (un)officially re-signed, time to go about filling out that bench. Danny Ainge has been very busy thus far. I’m sure some key veterans will be willing to come play for a title knowing that the core is back in tact.