- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
- Celtics Must Continue To Invest in James Young
- Celtics Deal for JaVale McGee Falls Apart
- Is James Young Already Overrated?
- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
- The Emergence of Avery Bradley
Ray Allen Returns to Boston
- Updated: July 8, 2010
Ray Allen is going back to the Celtics, according to his agent Lon Babby
Allen and Celts have agreed on two-year deal worth $10 million annually that includes player option in Year 2. ESPN.com link coming
This is great and expected (in my mind) news for the Boston Celtics. If Doc Rivers had gone on a coaching hiatus, I truly believe that Ray Allen would have signed elsewhere (Miami). But with the best coach for this core of players, I think it was a no-brainer for Ray to return. He’s always said this is where he wanted to be, but he had to do his due diligence to make sure he was ready for any situation in the upcoming season.
With our starting five now (un)officially re-signed, time to go about filling out that bench. Danny Ainge has been very busy thus far. I’m sure some key veterans will be willing to come play for a title knowing that the core is back in tact.