- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
- Celtics Split With Nets, Lose 110-101
- Bradley Leads Celtics to Drubbing of Nets, 120-95
- Mavericks Rally From 18 Down To Beat Celtics, 106-102
- Thomas leads Celtics to easy 111-95 win over Rockets
Marquis Returns, Signs One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 22, 2010
The seventh-year swingman agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million contract, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed to ESPN.com Thursday evening.
Signed with the biannual exception last summer, Daniels was regarded as a potential steal coming off a season in which he averaged 13.6 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game in 54 appearances for the Indiana Pacers.
I have said all along that I would like to see Marquis return and looks like I have gotten my wish. People say that we are just assembling the same roster from last season, but I think Daniels never really got to show us what he was totally capable of.
He started the season great, filling the role of point-forward off the bench. After his wrist injury, he lost his playing time to Tony Allen in the rotation. With Tony playing so well and Marquis out of shape and sync, there just weren’t any minutes left for him to work his way back in. Now there is a gaping void in the bench and Marquis Daniels will be given the opportunity to show what he can really do.
As of right now, Nate Robinson is our backup at point guard, but Daniels will most likely do the ball handling for the second unit. We now need to find a shooting guard to fill out the bench and run with Nate and Marquis. A pure shooter would be great, but a defensive presence on the wing would be more useful to this team as currently constructed.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Celtics Preseason Notes: Rozier to Miss a Week - October 14, 2015
- Did Sullinger Eat His Way Out Of Celts Rotation? - October 13, 2015
- Five Thirty Eight Prediction: Celtics Playoff Bound - October 13, 2015