- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Larry Hughes Considering Boston
- Updated: July 20, 2010
According to Bill Ingram’s twitter, Larry Hughes has narrowed his choices to the Lakers, Celtics, the Heat and the Bobcats (one of these things is not like the others).
Last season, Hughes split time between the Knicks and the Bobcats, averaging 9.1 points, 3 assists, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.2 steals a game. Hughes has never been a very efficient player on the offensive end and usually needs a bunch of shots to get his points. Last season he shot 35.5% from the field and 30.9% from downtown. Those are not percentages to really get excited about.
On top of that, Hughes hasn’t posted a PER above the league average of 15 since 2004-2005 when he played on Washington. On the defensive end, Hughes is average at best at this point in his career. Last, Hughes has had a hard time staying healthy over the years. For the veteran minimum and as bench fodder Hughes might be a decent addition. If Hughes was being brought in to fill the minutes that Marquis Daniels and Tony Allen played last season, then it would be a big disappointment.
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016