Celtics 24/7 | Celtics Blog | Celtics News | Boston Celtics Rumors
Don't Miss

Lakers Interested In Tony Allen

From HoopsWorld:

Tony Allen is receiving a significant amount of interest as a free agent, according to HoopsWorld.The Lakers, Nets, Heat and Bulls are among the clubs interested in the career-long Celtic.

Allen isn’t expected to receive any formal offers from teams until this offseason’s big-name free agents are off the market.

Can’t say that I blame the Lakers for trying to pry Tony away from Boston. He proved that he is more than a serviceable defender on Kobe Bryant. On top of that, he does have some point guard skills. With Jordan Farmar expected to sign elsewhere (I’m hearing Indiana), Tony Allen may be what the Lakers need. I’m sure they’d rather have a much more polished point guard to back up the ancient Derek Fisher, but they could do much worse than getting Tony Allen.

1. Pingback: Lakers Interested In Tony Allen | New England Sports 24/7

2. Dmazz

July 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Eff that! Keep Tony and trade Ray! Actually don’t Give LA anybody!

3. Nellie

July 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Noooooo! Keep TA! I hate the way he shoots though.

4. Tyler

July 2, 2010 at 5:06 pm

TA can be replaced. I still think they should of drafted Damion James instead of Bradley. He is a great energy guy and could guard 3 positions in my opinion.

5. Pat Cusick

July 2, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Let Tony Allen go. He should only be kept at a very low price. His offense is too abysmal to justify any kind of decent money. I would have no problem with the Lakers taking TA. While he is a good on the ball defender it doesn’t negate the fact that the Celts were playing 4 on 5 on offense with him out there.

6. Pingback: C’s, Tony & Nate Have Mutual Interest. What About Marquis? | Celtics 24/7 | All Celtics, All The Time

7. violloio

July 13, 2010 at 12:51 pm

To aid with back links for your website you may promote your website on our
    directory
    Free Classified .

8. Al_Trey

July 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm

it was very interesting to read http://www.celtics247.com
    I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
    And you et an account on Twitter?

9. brmrbrmr