Celtics 24/7 | Celtics Blog | Celtics News | Boston Celtics Rumors
Don't Miss

Ime Udoka Could Be a Celtic?

ime-udoka-spurs

According to CSNNE.com the Celtics and former Sacramento king SF Ime Udoka have had talks according to his Agent.

“There have been some talks, but nothing close to being done,” Bartelstein told CSNNE.com.

Udoka, a five-year veteran, appeared in 69 games with two starts last season for the Kings.

Udoka’s emergence as an NBA player was the stuff you find conjured up out of some Hollywood studio.

Born in Nigeria, Udoka spent his formative years growing up in Portland, Ore. He attended Portland State University, but went undrafted when he graduated in 2002.

He spent the next four years bouncing between brief NBA stints (12 games with the Los Angeles Lakers and New York), D-League teams and Europe before finally getting a chance to play for his hometown team, the Portland Trail Blazers.Udoka was the last player invited to Portland’s camp in 2006, and the only reason he got that invite was because another player, Aaron Miles, failed a physical.At 6-foot-5, 215 pounds, Udoka wowed the Blazers with his play defensively and eventually landed a coveted roster spot that he then translated into a starting job. After starting 75 games for the Blazers, Udoka spent the next two seasons with the San Antonio Spurs.He re-signed with the Blazers prior to the 2009-2010 season, but was waived before the season started. About a month later, he signed with Sacramento.While Udoka would address the team’s need to add a defender on the perimeter, the Celtics have a few more players still available that they have rated ahead of Udoka.

I am not a big fan of this move by the Celtics unless he signs for the vet minimum. If I was Danny I would be looking at guys like Antonie Wright and Rasual Butler. Both these guys though may be asking for to much money that we don’t have. Either those two players would help the Celtics more then Udoka would and both are better offensively. I no Danny does not have enough money to throw around but I think he is waiting to long to fill out the rest of this roster and he may need to get a little more creative and find good back up players for Paul and Ray so they do not have to log so many minutes in the regular season. We are going to have to wait it seems to see what Danny has up his sleeve.

1. Pingback: Ime Udoka could be a Celtic? | New England Sports 24/7

2. Tyler

July 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm

No thanks… I’d only want him if he was our last option and nothing else.

3. Derek

July 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm

I would rather re up Marquis Daniels for a year and then trade Sheed’s contract for someone. This guy is an S short of scrub

4. John

July 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm

AMEN Tyler n Derek no Thanks on Udoka

5. Leo B

July 20, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Antoine Wright is the guy unless they can get McCants to level off and listen to the guys. Could be the steal of the free agent market

6. Tom

July 20, 2010 at 10:45 pm

How about Udoka & Jason Thompson for Sheed’s contract?

7. Tyler

July 21, 2010 at 12:27 am

Ill be honest I don’t know much about Thompson. Can you fill me in?

8. Brian

July 21, 2010 at 8:32 am

Thompson is 23 years old, 6’11, 250lbs forward / center. Last season he averaged 12.5 points, 8.5 Rebounds and 1 block a game. He’s great on the offensive boards but not a great defensive rebounded. From what I remember he is a good hustle guy.

For a front line guy he shoots a low percentage. 47.2% last year. If I remember correctly he doesn’t have much of a low post game, but I could be off. He’s pretty solid defensively when he can stay out of foul trouble, but he makes a lot of dumb mistakes and can get caught out of position. You’d also like to see more blocks from him given his size.

Really, I can’t see why Sacramento would trade him. He’s young and cheap and improving, and has great energy coming off the bench. Sacramento is also under the cap right now so I don’t see them wanting Sheed’s contract. If I was the Kings I’d want Avery Bradley and another 1st round pick minimum for Thompson.

9. Ryan

July 21, 2010 at 9:49 am

I’d still like to see J.J. Redick come to Boston if he’s still available.

10. Ryan

July 21, 2010 at 10:19 am

Nevermind, J.J. Redick is taken.

11. WP Themes

August 2, 2010 at 6:41 am

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

12. mbt shoes

August 3, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Nice content. Thank you for your information.

13. free registry cleaner

August 5, 2010 at 5:20 am

good information you

write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.