- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
C's looking at Howard
- Updated: July 12, 2010
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo.com, The Celtics have shown interest in former Maverick and Wizard SG/SF Josh Howard. Howard spent the first six and a half years with the team that drafted him with the last pick in the first round in the 2003 NBA Draft, The Dallas Mavericks before being dealt mid season last year to the Wizards. Howard only played 4 games for the Wizards before going down with a season ending knee injury. Here is the tidbit from Marc Spear:
The Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls have shown “serious interest” in free-agent forward Josh Howard, a league source told Yahoo! Sports. While the Bulls could have the salary-cap space to sign Howard, depending on what happens with their offer sheet to J.J. Redick, the Celtics would need a sign-and-trade to arrange a deal because they have already used their midlevel exception on Jermaine O’Neal.
Howard would be a perfect fit for the Celtics as it would replace TA right away and it would be an upgrade on the offensive end but may hurt us on the defensive end as Tony is a better defender then Howard. Overall I think Howard would be better then TA comming off the bench as Doc would play Howard more then he did TA. He can back up both Pierce and Ray. A big concern with Howard is his knee that he had surgery on earlier this year and if he does get traded to the Celtics, as that is the only way Howard would be able to be in green, it would be interesting to see if he can get back and be 100%. If this happens look for a sign and trade with Washington sending sheeds contract to Washington for Howard. Another question would be how many years would Danny give Howard?
Latest posts by Chris Stevens (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016