- Putnam Gets Cozy With The Celtics
- Ciao Italy! The Celtics Have Arrived
- Dee Brown Hopes To Teach Basketball in Manila
- Lee Signing Encouraging for Celtics Fans
- Draft Day Recap–How Did The Celtics Do?
- A Look at Celtics Draft Options
- Source: Kings Won’t Trade Cousins for Draft Picks
- Should The Celtics Trade Up In The 2015 Draft?
- Bringing The Pain in Maine: Red Claws Beasts Of The East
- The Needed Swede: The Rise of Jonas Jerebko
Update: Forget About Eddie
- Updated: July 29, 2010
UPDATE: For anyone who hoped for a potential Eddie House return, he is now joining the devil down in South Beach. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, House is signing with the Miami Heat and LeBron James. Boooooo.
According to Boston.com the Celtics have had talks about bringing back former Celtic guard Eddie House. Eddie was a part of the 2008 title team and was traded mid-season last year along with J.R.Giddens and Bill Walker to the Knicks for Nate Robinson.
“It’s something [Celtics president] Danny [Ainge] and I have discussed,” House’s agent Mark Bartelstein said. “But nothing’s imminent.”
Should he find himself back in Green, however, he’d have to do it for less money. Pinched by the salary cap, the Celtics would only be able to offer House the veteran minimum. House made $2.5 million last season, but if he played for the minimum next season, he would be entitled to $1.35 million as a 10-year veteran.
I would love this move by the Celtics to bring back Eddie. I was a huge fan of Eddie when he was with us and everytime it seemed like we needed a spark off the bench Eddie seemed to be the guy to deliver.He is a great three point shooter and also a great three throw shooter as well. He would also be breathing down Nate Robinson’s back for playing time. House is a crowd favorite and I believe he would love to come back to Boston as he did not leave on bad terms and understood it was a buisness when he was traded away.