Celtics 24/7 | Celtics Blog | Celtics News | Boston Celtics Rumors
Don't Miss

Update: Forget About Eddie

Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 9.03.34 PM

UPDATE: For anyone who hoped for a potential Eddie House return, he is now joining the devil down in South Beach. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, House is signing with the Miami Heat and LeBron James. Boooooo.

According to Boston.com the Celtics have had talks about bringing back former Celtic guard Eddie House. Eddie was a part of the 2008 title team and was traded mid-season last year along with J.R.Giddens and Bill Walker to the Knicks for Nate Robinson.

“It’s something [Celtics president] Danny [Ainge] and I have discussed,” House’s agent Mark Bartelstein said. “But nothing’s imminent.”

Should he find himself back in Green, however, he’d have to do it for less money. Pinched by the salary cap, the Celtics would only be able to offer House the veteran minimum. House made $2.5 million last season, but if he played for the minimum next season, he would be entitled to $1.35 million as a 10-year veteran.

I would love this move by the Celtics to bring back Eddie. I was a huge fan of Eddie when he was with us and everytime it seemed like we needed a spark off the bench Eddie seemed to be the guy to deliver.He is a great three point shooter and also a great three throw shooter as well. He would also be breathing down Nate Robinson’s back for playing time. House is a crowd favorite and I believe he would love to come back to Boston as he did not leave on bad terms and understood it was a buisness when he was traded away.

1. Pingback: C’s could add House? | New England Sports 24/7

2. Roger Whipple

July 26, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Eddie’s history; when you bring people back, the chemistry is not the same. The team has moved on.

3. Dustin Chapman

July 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

I love Eddie, but he and Nate can not play together.

4. Tyler

July 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Yeah… had Nate not been resigned I would of bet money that we would of gone after House. Although I do agree that bringing a player back doesn’t always work out. Never felt the same when we brought Antoine back, but he is a completely different player.

5. David Acosta

July 26, 2010 at 9:59 pm

$1.35 mil for E. House is a steal. The move would actually force Nate and Eddie to step their game up and make sure they’re always ready. I agree with Collins.

6. Leo B

July 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm

SHORT MONEY BUT THEY NEED A SCORER NOT JUST A SHOOTER MCCANTS WORTH A LOOK

7. Adam Goodman

July 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

As much as I love Eddie… Does he really fill a need? I figure other teams (Miami) who are looking for that knock down shooter could offer him more playing time than us.

8. Celts 18X

July 29, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Good for Eddie. He’s paid his dues in this league. He’ll probably get another ring, and the C’s don’t really need him.

9. Pingback: World Wide News Flash