- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics Interested in Another O'Neal
- Updated: July 7, 2010
Add another to the list of potential Kendrick Perkins replacements. According to Marc Stein, Jermaine O’Neal has the Celtics on his list of three final teams he is interested in signing with:
“Those are my favorites,” O’Neal told ESPN.com “Those are teams that are going to compete [for a championship] next year.”
O’Neal said he’s still deliberating between the three teams — all believed to be offering a portion of the mid-level exception to sign him — and called the decision perhaps “the most important of my career because I know this is kind of my last run at it” in terms of title-chasing.
O’Neal averaged 13.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 28.6 minutes in 70 games last season for the Heat, who are expected to renounce their rights to the former All-Star as part of the cap space-clearing exercise required to create sufficient cap room for the incoming Chris Bosh alongside a re-signed Dwyane Wade and Miami’s other free-agent targets.
Definitely an interesting option. I was a big fan of O’Neal when he was with the Pacers and I think he would be a better option than that other O’Neal guy who has even less left in the tank. Jermaine showed us nothing in the playoff series this year, but for the right price he is a good option at center. Better than both Shaq and Brad Miller? Depends on who you ask. My question is how much money will he want? Will he leave us enough of the MLE to sign another bench guy? If I had to guess I see him signing with Denver or Dallas over Boston, but I would welcome him here in a second.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016