- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs?
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title
- Ainge and the Celtics Maintain “Status Quo” as Trade Deadline Passes
- Celtics Can’t Battle Back, Lose to Ginobli and Spurs 108-105
- Thomas Lead Celtics Drubbing of Cousins and Kings 114-97
- Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley Lead Celtics To Win Over Heat, 105-95
- Magic and Oladipo Stop Celtics 110-91
- Celtics Dominate Wizards, Led by Thomas, 111-78
- Celtics Eek Out Victory Versus Hapless Sixers, 84-80
Celtics in Attendance at Adam Morrison's Workout
- Updated: July 14, 2010
The Celtics continued with their free agency plans checking out Adam Morrison’s workout on July 13th according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.com and Weei.com. Morrison worked out alongside Melvin Ely and Al Harrington. The Celtics were one of five teams in attendance along with the Bulls, Clippers, Cavs, and the Spurs. Now to be fair I’ve always been a Morrison fan since his days at Gonzaga. I’m a huge Gonzaga Bulldogs fan and as Morrison sports a sloppy long hair cut along the lines of mine I consider him to be something of a kindred spirit. Now Morrison’s NBA career has clearly not been a success so far. However during his rookie year Morrison did average about 12 points a game while shooting 34% from the three point line while playing for a flat out horrendous Bobcats team and under a poor coach, Bernie Bickerstaff. Following his rookie year Morrison suffered a horrible knee injury and missed the entire 07-08 season. Morrison was traded to the Lakers the next year and was never able to find any time playing for the champions.
Now before getting into any of the specifics of this article I want to say that I don’t think Morrison can be some huge addition to rival the Heat’s addition of Lebron. That being said, however, I do think he would be worth an inexpensive chance for the Celtics. This is a player who knows how to score the basketball as he showed in college and at times during his rookie year. If Morrison were to get a chance to get minutes playing alongside the likes of Pierce, Rondo, Allen, and Garnett he could prove himself a serviceable NBA player in my opinion. The Celtics need to find players to fill out their remaining roster spots at the very least and they could do a lot worse then Morrison, cough Shelden Williams cough.
This is a low risk high reward type situation. If the Celtics were to add Morrison and he proved himself to be useful only for taking up an empty seat on the bench and filling the old ML carr towel waving role then the Celtics would have lost nothing. If however Morrison is actually able to be effective off the bench as a scorer and jumpshooter it would turn out to be a huge steal for the Celtics. Morrison was the second overall pick just a short time ago, if his knee has fully recovered and he can find some of his once famous scoring touch adding Morrison could turn out to be a great move for the Celtics. Now maybe its the Gonzaga fan in me or my inability to root against anyone sporting a ridiculous floppy haircut, Sash Vujacic aside, but I’ll be hoping to see Morrison dawn the Green and White next year. Here’s to hoping it goes better than the last player my beloved Zags sent to the Celtics, Dan Dickau.
Latest posts by Khai Pham (see all)
- Isaiah Thomas Narrowly Avoids Suspension - April 25, 2016
- Can The Celtics Make a Run In The Playoffs? - February 26, 2016
- Isaiah Thomas Key To Celtics Capturing Atlantic Division Title - February 26, 2016