- Isaiah Thomas wins Player of the Week
- Does Jared Sullinger Have a Place on the Celtics?
- The Emergence of Avery Bradley
- Stevens Consolidating Celtics Rotation
- Kevin Garnett Back Where He Belongs
- Celtics 24/7 Garden Report — Jonas Jerebko On Knicks 20 Point Game
- Isaiah Thomas Off To Strong Start in Boston
- Five Things to Know About New Celtics Guard Isaiah Thomas
- Ainge Lands Isaiah Thomas at Trade Deadline
- Goran Dragic Rumors–Do Celtics Have a Shot?
Bucher: LeBron Met Riley in Miami Tonight
- Updated: July 7, 2010
From ESPN txt updates:
Rich Bucher: LeBron James flew to Miami Wednesday night for a meeting with Heat president Pat Riley.
Well if this is true, there’s no doubt in my mind we will be seeing the new age Big Three forming in Miami and their names are Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James. This would truly put a damper on LeBron’s one hour special tomorrow night on ESPN, but it would show the world that he has come to the realization that he can’t win a title on his own and will need the help of two other superstars to get it done.
When the Celtics pieced together their Big Three of Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett, many argued that there was no way to put enough capable pieces around them to make us a title contender. Add in Eddie House, James Posey and a late signing of PJ Brown and we were raising banner No. 17.
In Miami, you have one of the best general managers of all time in Pat Riley running the show. Not only can he say “come play with three future Hall of Famers” (OK, maybe Bosh isn’t there yet, but he could be), but he could lure some veterans to Miami with the weather as a great place to end their respective career’s.
Whether this report is true or not has yet to be revealed. If it is true, it doesn’t necessarily mean that LeBron James is going to sign with the Miami Heat. But for me, if Riley is meeting with LeBron just 24-hours before his big revelation of where he will play, that’s a tell tale sign of his new home.